Short technical sheet
Full technical sheet
Fortezza da Basso was proposed by the Duke Alessandro de' Medici. It was built between 1533 and 1535 by Architect Antonio da Sangallo il Giovane and is a masterpiece of military architecture from the Renaissance period. The rooms are all different styles and sizes but their versatility makes them suitable for any event, from a small convention to a large international congress of up to 15,000 delegates. The large spaces are modular and make it possible to make rooms of any size (up to a maximum of 3,500 places in a theatre arrangement) which can suit all requirements.
The building is situated along the nineteenth century ring road boulevards, right next to the old town and the Santa Maria Novella railway station that is five minutes’ walk away. It takes less than 15 minutes to reach the A. Vespucci airport that is connected to the major European capitals.
Just a little farther west of the airport is the most important motorway junction in Florence.
No other conference centre in Europe has such a privileged position.